Tuesday, January 21, 2020

No spend January, kinda!




I always spend way too much money on takeaway coffee, on makeup I don’t really need but I want to buy. New makeup is exciting, there are always so much new exciting things to try, new eye shadow palettes in same brown color you already have loads of but not exact, new lipstick in same color but different brand i already have. Basically I over spend on makeup that I most of time don’t use or I have multiple of same things, like I have more than 8 eye shadow palettes,  more than 5 liquid lipsticks I don’t really use right now because they make my lips to dry especially in winter, and many more things like that.
And coffee, I love coffee, and take away coffee is so delicious! Whenever I go somewhere with my brother I always ask him to drive me to my favorite gas station for coffee, and  sometimes I buy coffee on my way back as well. If I’m sad or work pisses me off, I buy coffee in both of my lunch breaks. Im even siting at coffee shop right now :D 

But this gets very expensive.

My goals and why I want to try this:

I want to save money, because sometimes at the end of month there is nothing much left till I’ll get paid again, so I cant even save anything.
Use up things I already have. I have way too much things I don’t use or not gona use, cant use because I have so much of them. To be honest in morning I don’t have time or need for lavish makeup looks, because I go to work and you don’t really need full face of makeup with everything!
Makeup goes bad and I don’t want to throw almost unused things out, it’s wasteful and I will never use all of them up on time or before I want another new shiny thing. Sometimes I don’t even like things I bought. I don’t need to buy something because its on sale or just cheap, because I bought it when I was bored and browsed multiple online stores.
I pay for monthly beauty box subscription, and I don’t need more new things!

And for coffee, I have coffee at home and reusable cup, and buying takeaway coffee whenever I want gets way too expensive! As well drinking that much coffee is not that good for my health/chronic illness.

My rules:

I’ll start with coffee:
1 takeaway coffee per week, because sometimes when I don’t drink coffee for days I have the worst head ache that doesn’t go away unless I drink coffee, and I know myself too well that I’ll buy it anyway and fail!

For makeup:
I’ll buy something only when I run out of it and I already don’t have replacement at home, then I can buy it. I have my beauty box subscription I don’t need to buy new makeup things for myself.



So let’s do this and I’ll update you in February how my no spend moth went.



0 comments:

Post a Comment